What if I am a minor?

In the state of Michigan any woman aged 14 and older is in charge of making her own decisions when it comes to sexual health. This means she can obtain the following without parental consent:

  •     Pregnancy Confirmation

  •     Prenatal Care

  •     Birth Control

  •     STI testing

The exception to this rule is that minors seeking abortion must have a parent or legal guardian present to sign for the medical procedure.

Do you take walk-ins?

While walk-ins are welcome, same day services are not promised to those who do who do not have an appointment. It's always best to call so we can be prepared for you and offer you the amount of time you need for your unique situation. 

Do you have Plan B and Ella?

These medications are sold over the counter to women age 14 and older. The PCOL can provide you with information about how emergency contraception works and whether or not you may have been ovulating (fertile) during the time of sexual encounter.

Do you provide birth control?

The PCOL does not distribute any form of contraception. We do however have education available for you about the many types of birth control available, the methods of use, side effects and failure rates. We can also provide education and training about fertility awareness and tracking your cycle.


Do you test for Sexually Transmitted Infections?

Some things to consider if you engage in sexual activity:

  • You can contract an STI even with a condom.

  • You may not realize you have an STI until it’s too late.

  • Many are contagious even when no symptoms exist.

  • Some STIs are incurable.


The PCOL does not do testing for STIs.

However we are able to:

  •  Educate you on symptoms of the most common STIs & STDs

  •  Talk to you about how to best protect yourself from contracting

  •  Refer you for free, confidential testing


If you are concerned you have an STI:

  • Stop all sexual activity.

  • Get tested immediately.

  • Get treatment.


You may obtain FREE, confidential STI testing and treatment here: www.crossroadscarecenter.org


What if I lost/forget my ID?

If you don't have an ID, we can provide options education and pregnancy confirmation through a urine test only. Proof of pregnancy forms and ultrasound require an ID. If you find your ID within the required time frame, you may bring it in at a later date and continue with those services. 


What can I expect from the education portion of my appointment?

You can expect honest answers and accurate information about all 3 of your options. The video link below will give you an idea of what will be discussed. However, our education is much more complete and will allow for you to ask questions and get the answers you need to make an informed, well though out decision.


Can you refer me for an abortion?

Since there is often regret attached to an abortion decision and we cannot attest to the safety and cleanliness of any abortion clinic, we remove ourselves form the process of helping clients obtain an abortion. We do provide education that will help you know your rights.

Can you provide a letter of positive pregnancy?

If you receive a positive test result in our office we can provide you with a letter of positive pregnancy. These forms are often used when applying for community or state assistance such as WIC or Medicaid.

Do you give out baby items?

Clients of the PCOL can obtain a referral for the HOME program. This unique program offers monthly mentoring, parenting education and baby supplies.